Home About BlogArizona.com Contact Us  |  Advertise on BlogArizona.com  |  Login

BlogArizona.com - the ORIGINAL Arizona Real Estate Blog

      Everything Arizona...
               Everything Real Estate...
                        Everything in between...
BlogArizona.com - the ORIGINAL Arizona Real Estate Blog
BlogArizona.com offers discussions on a wide variety of subjects, but focuses on Arizona and real estate.  The articles  posted here are contributed by various working professionals.  Their insights and experiences will inform, educate, challenge and entertain our readers week after week.  Some of the best reading on blogs often comes from reader Comments!  We encourage you to use the 'Comments' feature to join discussions and interact with both our Contributors, and our other readers.  We do require that you first review and accept our 'Comment Rules' in order to preserve the quality and integrity of this blog.  Also be aware that all visitors are subject to our Terms of Use.

We put the 'REAL' back in real estate!

« Add Your Company Name & Logo to a Product in BlogArizona.com's Online Store! | Main | Just Say No To Crack(s) »

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Burning Down the House

Mvc001s The other day I arrived at my inspection and was greeted by an excited home owner.  He immediately started to talk about the "clean up" and how they were lucky.  A little confused, he led me into the kitchen where I saw the charred remains of the microwave oven, black soot on the ceilings and walls, and crispy cabinets. 

It turns out that the night before the inspection, they went to clean the oven (they said that it was on my behalf, so I would have a nice clean oven to look at).  A candle was left on the oven (not intentionally) and they left the house.  When they returned, they found the fire department and the entire neighborhood in their driveway to greet them.

Luckily for the homeowner, a passer by spotted flames through the kitchen window and called for help.  This quick action from a total stranger saved their house from burning to the ground.  I guess there are still some good Samaritans in the world.

I guess what I am trying to say is watch your oven in the cleaning cycle.  Remove all objects from inside and on top of the unit, and it is even wise to pull it out away from the wall and cabinetry. 

Although this was an accident, it could have been avoided by taking a few precautions.  I'm just glad they still have a house to sell.

Click here to visit Scott Hubbard's Home Page Written By: Scott Hubbard
Certified Home Inspector, ASHI Member
Homewerx Home Inspections
Office: (480) 503-2611
Toll Free: 1-888-THE-WERX
Email me

Posted by Scott Hubbard, Arizona Home Inspector on January 12, 2005 | Permalink


that stinks!

Posted by: shannon | Jan 25, 2005 10:48:32 AM

The comments to this entry are closed.



TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Burning Down the House:


      Advertise on BlogArizona.com!

Equal Housing Opportunity

     Home  |  Archives  |  Login

  © BlogArizona, LLC 2005
      All Rights Reserved

     Terms of use  |  Disclosure